Today the Village of Port Chester is recognizing International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day is celebrated every March 8th
IWD is a global day celebrating social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality.
The first International Women’s Day gathering was first supported by over a million people in 1911.
IWD is one of the most important days of the year to:
- Celebrate women’s achievement
- Educate and bring awareness to women’s equality
- Call for positive chance advancing women
- Lobby for accelerated gender parity
- Fundraise for female-focused charities
Visit International Women's Day's Website
The Village of Port Chester is proud to employ over 25 diverse full time and part-time women across our government departments who serve vital roles in, or support of, every operational department.
We celebrate them all for their continued service and dedication to the Village of Port Chester