View all facilitiesGo to Calendar
Subfacility of Abendroth Park
Areas for big dogs, little dogs, and dogs in training
Dog Park Rules
Any person bringing a dog into this facility assumes the legal responsibility, jointly and separately, with the owner of the dog, for any damage, disease, or injury to persons, other dogs, or property caused by the dog. All persons using the facility, by entering it, agree to indemnify the Village of Port Chester and hold the Village of Port Chester harmless for any harm from the use of this facility.
- Failure to obey the rules of the Park may result in a Trespass and / or Court Action
- All dogs must be licensed, current with all shots, healthy, and wearing a collar, current license tags, and identification at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed upon entering/exiting the enclosure - leashes must be in the owner's possession at all times
- Owners must clean up after their dogs and carry out or dispose of waste in receptacles provided
- Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited - dogs must remain within the owner's voice control and sight
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - Owners must remove their dogs upon the first sign of aggression
- Dogs must be accompanied by individuals 16 years or older
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult. No children under the age of 9 are permitted in the Dog Park
- No puppies less than 4 months of age
- No dogs in heat (spaying and neutering recommended)
- No dogs that are known to be sick or to have parasites
- Limit three dogs per person
- No smoking or littering
- No food / dog treats / alcohol / glass
- Fill any holes your dog digs
- Use of dog toys at the owner's risk and liability
- Gates must remain closed at all times
- No bikes, skateboards, or roller blades allowed in the dog park
- No pinch, choker, or spiked collars allowed
- No more than 25 dogs at one time (Large Dog Area) 15 (Small Dog Area) 5 (Time Out Area)
- Small dogs are defined as 30LBS or less
- All other park rules apply
- Any incident, problem, violation, emergency, etc. Must be reported immediately to the Police Department at 914-939-1000.
- Refer to Dog Park rules when citing violations
For the benefit of everyone in our community, please remember to leave our Dog Park nicer than you found it and enjoy your visit. Thank you.