VILLAGE OF PORT CHESTER
Office of the Village Manager
I am excited and proud to write to you today as your newly appointed Village Manager. Moving forward I will continue to work hard with our staff towards making our village an even better place to live, work, and raise a family. To do so, however, we must remain resolved in our commitment to enhance the delivery of village services, seek out more efficient ways to complete projects, and do our part to help increase the quality of life for all our residents.
As New York State has now lifted much of the remaining COVID-19 restrictions, village government will follow the state’s lead and lessen many of the limitations it placed upon its own operations during the pandemic. For example, mask etiquette on municipal properties will be amended to allow for vaccinated members of village staff and the public to enter and navigate our offices and common spaces without face coverings. Furthermore, will also continue our practice of temperature testing visitors and our contact tracing measures at Village Hall until further notice. The option to wear a mask or other facial covering is always a personal preference; there is never a limit on how strict you may want to be for your own health, safety, and welfare.
In addition to the above measures, village staff will continue to clean and sanitize municipal properties in the same manner as they have throughout the pandemic. Police cruisers, DPW fleet and village vehicles will be sanitized regularly by those who operate them.
Our Recreation Department and Senior Center will begin to increase their programming and may also increase the number of participants for certain indoor events in coordination with the Westchester County Department of Health and in adherence to CDC guidance. Please visit the village website for up-to-date information on these departments’ operations.
Please remember that although New York State has reduced restrictions, the State has also emphasized that unvaccinated individuals continue to be responsible for wearing masks, in accordance with federal CDC guidance. Consistent with the State's implementation of the recent CDC guidance, masks are still required for unvaccinated individuals. Further, the State's health guidelines continue to be in effect for large-scale indoor event venues, pre-K to grade 12 schools, public transit, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, nursing homes, and health care settings per CDC guidelines.
In closing I ask that everyone remain vigilant. Although we are witnessing a swift increase in private and public businesses opening for full service and expanding capacities for outdoor and indoor gatherings, COVID-19 is still in our community. At the time of this letter the village may have less than 10 residents who have tested positive for the virus in the last two weeks, but this number has always been and remains fluid from day to day.
Your village staff has been tremendous in many ways throughout the course of this pandemic. Without their dedication and commitment to duty, the Village of Port Chester would not have been able to remain open when it was physically closed to in-person business. As we embrace the summer season we remain enthusiastic about completing some delayed projects, as well as, the kickoff of several new ones. We are excited to have you as our partner in this new chapter for the Village of Port Chester.
As I have provided in my previous updates, here are some operational changes, updates, and other information from our village departments that relate to their operation and services:
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS (DPW)
- The toter program for refuse collection continues. If you have any questions regarding toter use or other related matters, please contact DPW by dialing 914.939.5207. The village continues to provide assistance for residents who may be in need of extra help in maneuvering their toters around their property; give the office a call to speak to a representative.
- Until further notice, bulk pickup/ green waste will continue as scheduled. A copy of the DPW collection calendar is always available on the department’s section of the village’s website or available for download by Clicking Here.
SENIOR CENTER & SERVICES
- The Village of Port Chester Senior Center is operating six (6) days per week and offering in person lunch hours Tuesday – Saturday. The center has also been steadily increasing its scheduled programming. For updates, news, and communications from our staff on the happenings at the senior center, Click Here.
RECREATION & PARKS
- Yes, our parks are open! Make a plan to visit one of our great parks today, just remember, all activities need to adhere to the guidance presented by NY State and the CDC. Although public gatherings have increased as more people have been vaccinated, please exercise caution and maintain safe social distancing when engaging in sports and athletics.
- The Village of Port Chester will be holding Summer Camp and other activities this Summer. We can’t wait to tell you more about them, but in the meantime, you can keep up to date on what our recreation staff is planning and taking registration for, by visiting the department’s section of the village’s website by Clicking Here. Updates on summer camp operations and amendments in light of the Governor's orders are pending confiramtion from the Westchester County Department of Health. Check back here for more information.
- Any use of the village’s parks or ball fields for organized events must be approved and permitted through the village’s recreation office. To inquire about how you may reserve some time on our fields or the use of our parks, email Heather Krakowski, Superintendent of Recreation, at [email protected] or call the department directly by dialing 914.939.2354.
- The Village WILL be hosting its July 4th celebration this year at Port Chester High School. Fireworks are scheduled to begin at 9:00 PM. A notice regarding street closures will be circulted the week of the event.
- The Building Department can receive calls related to permits, inspections, and general inquiries at 914.939.5203. Please leave a message; messages will be monitored from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Additionally, you may email inquiries to Regina Glennon, Senior Office Assistant to the Building Department at [email protected].
- The Building Department application counter will be open to the public from Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Applications for permits can be found on the Building Department’s section of the village website or by Clicking Here. Permits can be delivered in person to the department directly or mailed to Village Hall for processing.
- A New Building Permit Fee Schedule has been adopted and is available on the Building Department’s section of the village website by Clicking Here.
- Consultations and meetings for permitting or to resolve Notices of Violations can be performed over the pone by dialing 914.939.5203. Staff will schedule an appointment for you with an inspector.
- If you wish to schedule an inspection, you can do so by dialing 914.939.5203. Staff will schedule an appointment for you with an inspector.
- If you need a Municipal Search Report, requests can be delivered in person to the department directly with a check or mailed to Village Hall for processing.
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Although the Governor has extended his order permitting boards and commissions to continue to utilize online meeting platforms, some boards and commissions will be winding down their use of the Webex platform in June and transitioning to in-person meeting settings. You can get the latest information and public notices for the meetings of boards and commissions by Clicking Here.
EMERGENCY & EXECUTIVE ORDERS
- The State of Emergency that was declared in the Village of Port Chester on March 16, 2020 is hereby further extended to Sunday June 29, 2021 at 11:59.
- Parades and Processions within the Village of Port Chester continue to be suspended.
- The permit program for “Temporary Outdoor Accommodations” for our local restaurants and merchants remains in effect.
Stuart L. Rabin
Village of Port Chester
222 Grace Church Street
Port Chester, NY 10573
See Below For PREVIOUSLY RELEASED news & Information Provided by
The Governor and County Executive
NEW YORK STATE:
- NY Forward: Governor Cuomo's plan to reopen New York State with a focus on getting people back to work and easing social isolation.
- Click Here for NY FORWARD: A GUIDE TO REOPENING NEW YORK & BUILDING BACK BETTER
- Click Here for THE NEW YORK STATE REGIONAL MONITORING DASHBOARD
- Click Here for THE NEW YORK STATE DAILY HOSPITALIZATION SUMMARY (BY REGION)
- Click Here for THE NEW STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 TRACKER (TESTING & FATALITIES)
- New York State on PAUSE: 100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services.
- You must wear a mask when going out into public, especially in those instances where social distancing proves to be difficult or nearly impossible.
- The FDA approved the use of a new experimental drug in New York on a compassionate care basis to help treat patients with COVID-19.
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices are temporarily closed for in-office visits. Online transactions, including for license renewals, are still be available. License and permit expirations will be extended.
- An initial delivery of supplies has been made to the Jacob K. Javits Center where FEMA has started to build a 1,000-bed temporary hospital.
- Enacting Matilda’s Law to protect New Yorkers age 70+ and those with compromised immune systems
- Remain indoors
- Can go outside for solitary exercise
- Pre-screen all visitors by taking their temperature
- Wear a mask when in the company of others
- Stay at least 6 feet from others
- Do not take public transportation unless urgent and absolutely necessary
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
- Click here for a listing of “Essential Businesses.” .
- Click here for the latest Westchester County updates :
- Click here for the latest Westchester County Health Department updates.
- Click here for the latest information on the BEE-Line Bus System updates.